|Town Board Meeting (March 2012 minutes) Minutes For 3/12/2012
|MINUTES OF REGULAR TOWN BOARD MEETING
March 12, 2012
The regular monthly meeting of the Town Board of the Town of LaGrange was called to order by Chairman Taylor. Chairman Taylor, Supervisor Wilson, Supervisor Sukala, Supervisor Bromley and Supervisor Schramm were all present. Clerk/Treasurer Hoffmann was also present.
Following the posted agenda:
Motion to adjourn 8:45 p.m. (Sukala/Bromley) Motion carries
- Approval of Minutes of February 13, 2012 meeting—Motion to approve (Schramm/Sukala)
- Treasurer Report
- Approval of Agenda (Wilson/Sukala) Motion carries.
- Presentation from Representatives from Whitewater School District regarding the referenda on the April 3, 2012 ballot—District Administrator, Eric Runez and Director of Business Services, Nathan Jaeger to present information regarding the referendum for the Whitewater School District
- Committee Reports, if any from:
a. Buildings and Highways—no report
b. Safety—meeting next month at 6:45 p.m. prior to the Town Board meeting
c. Lake Management Districts' Reports—no report
d. Finance & Personnel—no report
e. Information committee—no report
- Planning and Zoning Commission—no report
- Pier variance request for George O’Brien at N7951 Surfwood Drive for an oversized “L”—is built already, just wants to replace existing, Motion to approve as presented (Bromley/Schramm) Motion carries.
- Installation of an air conditioning system for the Town Hall—Motion to authorize the Town Chair to negotiate and carry out a contract for an air conditioning not to exceed $6,000 (Bromley/Schramm) Motion carries.
- Amending the Fireworks ordinance regarding professional grade fireworks being set off by private individuals/groups and increase of fines for violators—Attorney Macy has reviewed our existing ordinance and made some recommended changes which follow the Wisconsin State Statutes, Motion to approve an Ordinance to Repeal and Recreate Ordinance No. 03-0009 Regulating Possession, Use and Sale of Fireworks, setting the minimum forfeiture of $750 and a maximum forfeiture of $1,000 and bond amount of $750 (Bromley/Wilson) Motion carries.
- Approval of bills properly submitted for payment—Motion to approve the bills properly submitted for payment (Wilson/Bromley) Motion carries.
||Back To All Minutes
Copyright (c) 2002, Town of La Grange
La Grange, WI