|Town Board Meeting (April 2010 minutes) Minutes For 4/12/2010
|LAGRANGE TOWN BOARD
April 12, 2010
The regular monthly meeting of the Town Board of the Town of LaGrange was called to order by Chairman Taylor. Chairman Taylor, Supervisor Wilson, Supervisor Sukala, Supervisor Callaway and Supervisor Schramm were present. Crystal Hoffmann, Clerk/Treasurer and Attorney John Macy were also present.
The Agenda will include:
Motion to adjourn the meeting at 9:41 p.m. (Wilson/Sukala) Motion carries.
- Approval of Minutes of March 8, 2010 meeting (Sukala/Callaway) Motion carries.
- Treasurer Report accepted as read
- Approval of Agenda (Schramm/Callaway) with moving 14, 16, 17 to right after 6
- Decision regarding staying with Walworth County zoning—Attorney John Macy here to discuss pros and cons—This is a policy decision, not a legal decision. Pros—much greater degree of control in deciding future of Town, have own zoning code, shoreland zoning would remain as is, have own zoning appeals board, would make things a one step process instead of coming to Town and then to County; Cons—Costs-very expensive to enforce zoning violations, Town Planner would be needed to meet with constituents, etc., would have zoning applications and fees, CU applications and fees, etc., would have attorney costs, costs of setting up zoning boards, zoning appeals boards, etc., Would have to write a zoning code, adopt the zoning code, etc. before getting started, Town can change direction much quicker without the checks and balances that we have now, most variances get turned down because people say the wrong thing and don’t present the best case to the zoning board of adjustment and perhaps we should be trained by Attorney Macy to help the constituents in an effort to help get their variance approved, we could also offer Attorney Macy’s review for a fee, Will put this item back on Plan and zoning for decision.
- Committee Reports, if any from:
a. Buildings and Highways—no report
b. Safety—no report, Saturday night was Annual Fireman’s Dance, response to the mailing was remarkable, testament to this community, the Fire Department thanks you for your support
c. Lake Management Districts' Reports—meeting Saturday
d. Finance & Personnel—no report
e. Information committee—newsletter ready to go out
- Planning and Zoning Commission
a. Request for a rezone from R-1 to B-2 for Mike Healy, W5625 Westshore Drive, Elkhorn—Planning and zoning recommends sending recommendation for approval to Walworth County, Motion to recommend approval to Walworth County (Schramm/Callaway) Motion carries.
b. Request for a conditional use for Mike Healy, W5625 Westshore Drive, Elkhorn for a Deck in front of the Lauderdale Landing to be used for outdoor seating for bar and Restaurant patrons—P&Z recommends approval, Motion to recommend approval to Walworth County Zoning (Callaway/Sukala) Motion carries.
c. Request for approval of final plat, the Declaration of Condominium, the Developer’s Agreement, and the Dedication Right-of-Way for Stan Smith, Prairie Shores—Two phases to develop: none of the improvements are public (drainage swales, road), Financial Guarantee: posting a security with County and are asking that that be enough satisfaction for the Town to do those things; Five year reports: would give a report in 5 years on the property as to what’s going on or upon sale of the property; Plan and zone recommends approval, Approve Developers agreement pending town Chair’s approval, satisfy the County’s concerns with disposition of the fill, Can sell the project as set forth, but have to add a notice provision to the Town and accept the 5 year reporting to the Town (Schramm/Sukala) Motion carries. Declaration of Condominium—subject to Town Chair’s final approval waiving the additional requirement for mortgage (Schramm/Sukala) Motion carries. Motion to approve the final plat pending Chairperson’s approval and subject to the standard conditions (Schramm/Sukala) Motion carries.
- Request for approval for an operator’s license for Nicholas Van Dyke—Motion to approve (Callaway/Schramm) Motion carries.
- Request for approval for an operator’s license for Eric Ostermeier—Motion to approve (Schramm/Sukala) Motion carries.
- Request for approval for an operator’s license for Heather Cottini—Motion to approve (Sukala/Schramm) Motion carries.
- Request for approval for an operator’s license for Nicholas Daniel Sergi—Motion to approve (Sukala/Wilson) Motion carries.
- Setting a date for Board of Review for 2010—May 24th from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Possibly purchasing a new water heater for the Town Hall—Could save energy by having a point of use water heater, could purchase a small one that hangs on the wall, Don would provide the service free of charge to the Town, could purchase the smallest one for $180, Motion to purchase and install the smallest water heater for the Town (Schramm/Callaway) Motion carries.
- Request to have alcohol in a Town Park for Pleasant Lake Snowmobile Club for their annual picnic on Saturday, July 17, tarting at 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.—Motion to grant request (Schramm/Callaway) Motion carries.
- Update on Sterlingworth Culvert—Still have contact with Flitcroft for $700 for culvert by Mr. Summer’s home, have to get water from Mr. Summer’s garage to below the dam, still have to determine who owns the culvert that failed, have application in for some FEMA money to recoup some of what we have spent already, also have to decide what is the best way to go about fixing it. The culvert is working properly now. Actual project wouldn’t take place until next year, nothing in budget for this year.
- Road contracts with neighboring Towns with respect to plowing, re-paving, general repairs—current “contracts” are verbal agreements—Would be good policy to have in writing, suggest Pat to sit down with local road departments and get something in writing that we’ll send on for signatures.
- Pier placement for Arrowhead park subdivision—Same issue as #17
- Pier request for Barbara Bessy Wesesku, N7430 Arrowhead, Elkhorn—Kurt Nelson, Fixer Guys, here for Barbara. Trying to place pier properly as can’t place pier as things are now—not enough room for six piers, suggest place 3 piers on lot lines for 6 properties to share, each would have 2 slips on either side of the pier—All 6 neighbors have tentatively agreed to the 3 pier concept, Motion to approve the concept of 3 piers 5’ x 45’ on joint lot lines subject to Town chair approval (Sukala/Wilson) Motion carries.
- Costs for Comprehensive Plan Map Amendments—County looking to recoup the $196 for a the County to amend the County plan , would like the Town to charge that and then forward to the County. The Town would have to change our plan as well, which would incur costs and have to decide what is a fair fee for publishing notices of public hearings, Plan commissioner has to make recommendation, mail draft to all of neighbors and state, then after public hearing have to re-mail again, will discuss again at Plan and zoning. Motion to collect $196 fee for County, collect check on submittal and hold until application is approved (Schramm/Sukala) Motion carries.
- Approval of bills properly submitted for payment—Motion to approve bills properly submitted for payment (Callaway/Schramm) Motion carries.
||Back To All Minutes
Copyright (c) 2002, Town of La Grange
La Grange, WI