|Town Board Meeting (July 2004 minutes) Minutes For 7/12/2004
|MINUTES OF REGULAR TOWN BOARD MEETING
LAGRANGE TOWN BOARD
July 12, 2004
The regular monthly meeting of the Town Board of the Town of LaGrange was called to order by Chairman Heilmeier. Chairman Heilmeier, Supervisor Callaway, Supervisor Sukala, Supervisor Lohrmann and Supervisor Taylor were present. Elizabeth Adelman, Town Attorney was also present. Crystal Hoffmann, Clerk/Treasurer was absent due to schooling in Green Bay, Wisconsin.
- The minutes of June 14, 2004 were approved as presented (Taylor/Sukala).
- The agenda was approved with the addenda and moving up addenda item 2 before committee reports (Callaway/Lohrmann).
- Pleasant Lake Road: Sgt. Roam from the Walworth County Sheriffs Dept. submitted a “speed study Pleasant Lake Road Town of LaGrange”. Basically the road is hilly and narrow and is becoming more residential. The speed limit can be reduced by 10 miles per hour with out D.O.T. involvement. Rustic Road would be anther option at 35 M.P.H. but this would involve the D.O.T. Signage is a problem. From Hwy 12 to Mallard Road there is no posting of the 45 M.P.H. limit. From Hwy 20 you have to go to Pleasant Lake Hill Road before it is posted. It is also advisable to post reduced speed ahead on the approach to the Girl Scout Camp. Speed reduction must be coordinated with the Town of Troy and Dave will make the contact. Motion to table pending the Town of Troy contact. (Lohrmann/Sukala) Motion carries.
- Wakeboard slider apparatus on Lauderdale Lakes on a temporary basis. George Lohrmann made the request for a limited permit for Monday thru Friday, 15 feet out from the buoy on the South West side of Green Lake. Must be removed on a daily basis and must be attended while in the lake. Motion to approve as presented (Sukala/Callaway) Motion carries with Supervisor Lohrmann abstaining from the vote.
- Committee Reports:
a. Buildings and Highways: There was a meeting regarding Shagbark Road. Matt Richards from Strand and Associates presented a plan to rebuild the road with a minimum cost of $200,000. Sam Hart represented the property owners and will get back to the board as developments occur. In the mean time the Town will continue the process that has been started.
b. Safety committee
i. The LESD issued 46 citations and 4 warnings in June. Because of late night problems, some shifts were until 7 a.m.
ii. The launch ramps applications for Pleasant Lake and Bubbling Springs will hopefully be approved this September with work proceeding as soon as possible thereafter.
iii. There was a request to reduce the speed limit on Tamarack Road which was tabled pending the outcome of the Pleasant Lake Road situation.
c. Lake Management Districts:
i. Pleasant Lake: Doug Behrens has replaced Bert Clarhour on the Board.
ii. Lauderdale Lakes Management: The next meeting is on Saturday, August 7th at 9 a.m. at the club house. Besides being a regular meeting, next years budget will be completed.
- Planning and Zoning:
a. Request by Scott Mason on behalf of the Lauderdale Lakes Country Club for a rezone from R-4 to B-2. The area considered was between two areas currently zoned B-2 and the goal is to make the zoning more uniform and the Country Club would not have to get approval for future development from the Town and County. The Country Club is in a Conservation easement and the area being considered is limited to only gulf and municipal related development. Supervisor Lohrmann would prefer B-4 zoning because it is more restrictive and Chairman Heilmeier feels the easement document does not guarantee future compliance. Motion to approve (Callaway/Taylor) Motion carries with a 3-2 vote with Heilmeier and Lohrmann against.
b. Outlots: There is some confusion about our ordinance. The board would like Attorney Adelman to attend the next Plan and Zone meeting when the changes will be considered. Motion to table until next month (Taylor/Lohrmann) Motion carries.
- Report on results of committee to study the Lake Patrols by Jeff Angst. Frank Taylor and Scott Mason, the other committee members, were also present. There was considerable discussion with some disagreement about the recommendation for only 1 (one) officer per boat during the day. Some felt this would not work out on the weekends and holidays. Motion to sell the cobia (Callaway/Lohrmann) Motion carries. We agreed to meet with the Lauderdale Lakes Management District Board on Monday, July 19, 2004, at 7:30 p.m. at the Lauderdale-LaGrange Fire Department for further discussion.
- Operator License requests:
a. Richard Dessent—Motion to approve (Callaway/Sukala) Motion carries.
b. Courtney Shiroda—Motion to approve(Taylor/Lohrmann) Motion carries
c. Susan Canales—Motion to table pending further information (Callaway/Sukala) Motion carries
- Provisional operator license requests:
a. Heather Thompson—Motion to approve (Lohrmann/Sukala) Motion carries
- Approval of bills properly submitted for payment (Lohrmann/Sukala)
- Motion to table consideration of reduction of speed on Tamarack Road (Lohrmann/Taylor) Motion carries
- Motion to approve Resolution regarding enforcement of ordinances on Lauderdale Lakes (Taylor/Sukala) Motion carries.
The meeting then moved into closed session per role call vote: Taylor-aye, Lohrmann-aye, Sukala-aye, Callaway-aye, and Heilmeier-aye.
Motion to go into open session (Callaway/Lohrmann) Motion carries.
There being no further business a motion to adjourn was made at 11:05 p.m. (Taylor/Sukala) Motion carries.
Richard Callaway, Supervisor
||Back To All Minutes
Copyright (c) 2002, Town of La Grange
La Grange, WI